This development is today the fastest selling property development in Mauritius, with over 200 residences already sold to both Mauritian and Foreign buyers.
- It is a truly innovative concept, designed by a team of highly experienced international consultants.
- It introduces the first truly multi-cultural integrated project on the island – offering a balanced mix of international visitors and local mauritian residents.
- A stunning freehold ocean front location overlooking an exquisite lagoon, harnessing a myriad of land and ocean based environments.
- The creation of a true year round community that does not leave stakeholders disillusioned at activity drop off in the non peak seasons.
- The team has sought to include the best facilities conducive to a true mauritian lifestyle allowing for easy living and leisure pursuits.
- The project is conceived so as to create an open community that is part of Mauritius, not a fantasy world separated by high security barriers. This phase of the development was completed in December 2013.
The development offers the very best of lifestyle opportunities for residents, visitors, tourists and guests.
- PDS residential: a community of up to 169 foreign ownership qualified townhouses, apartments and penthouses in landscaped grounds, with swimming pools, together with access to a wide variety of leisure activities both on and off site.
- Luxury local residential: a mixture of 109 townhouses, apartments and penthouses, clustered around communal garden areas, with dedicated car parking, created for the mauritians.
- Resort & Spa: an 85 bedroom 5 star boutique hotel.
- Retail & restaurant: retail and restaurant presence that supports the residents and visitors daily needs whilst providing diverse high quality culinary offerings that also attract customers from further afield.
- Schooling: key to the success of the project is the establishment of first class primary and secondary educational facilities. The team are currently working with a variety of parties on opportunities that not only anchor the project as the most desirable educational magnet in Mauritius, but in the entire Indian Ocean region.
- Marine facilities: Boat Club, free mooring.
- A wide array of leisure activities.
THE PDS RESIDENCES
Designed to provide intimacy whilst maintaining a foothold in a vibrant local community, the PDS residences reinvent the basics of sophisticated seaside life. The architects have concentrated on merging modern architecture to the typical mauritian lifestyle of indoor and outdoor living. Great attention has been given to using local materials and textures so as to blend into the natural, fresh and simple environment. The residences are clustered around communal garden areas with swimming pools and offer secured parking.
The development is accessible to international and mauritian buyers as from USD 500k whilst offering eligibility for mauritian residency and a rental pool managed through an international branded hotel chain.
THE BEACH-FRONT RESIDENCE
Ideally located just off the lagoon frontage, these offer stunning views over the bay and the mangrove trees along the boardwalk and comprises of:
- 16 apartments in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with balconies or terraces, including penthouses.
- 11 townhouses in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with private garden areas.
The residences on the green
Adjacent to the village centre where the village green and market square is located, these open to the bustling village heart on the one side and to a secluded, tropical garden and swimming pool on the other. It comprises of:
- 23 apartments in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with balconies or terraces, including penthouses.
- 6 townhouses in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with private garden areas.
The residences on the lagoon
Ideally located just off the lagoon frontage, these offer stunning views over the bay and the mangrove trees and comprises of:
- 26 apartments in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with balconies or terraces, including penthouses.
- 5 townhouses in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with private garden areas.
The residences on the bay Coralis, with its exquisite location on the river heights, offers stunning views over the mangroves and the turquoise lagoon beyond. It comprises of:
- 33 apartments in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with balconies or terraces, including penthouses.
- 12 townhouses in 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom formats with private garden areas.
The luxury local residences
Exclusive to Mauritian buyers, these residences are the promise of a secure environment in a mixed community lifestyle village developed on freehold land by the sea, within only 35 minutes’ drive from Port Louis or Grand Bay. A strong emphasis has been placed on ensuring that this development takes the very best of what Mauritius has to offer, from landscape to architecture, views over the ocean and mountains, modern designs to comfortable island luxury and understated elegant residences.
Each of the four luxury local residences offer a mix of townhouses, apartments or penthouses clustered around communal garden areas. The residents have access to all the services and facilities:
- Full marine facilities with free mooring and Boat Club membership.
- Golf membership and free Health Club membership.
- 5 star boutique hotel in the heart of the village.
- Proposed high quality primary and secondary international school.
- Superb landscaped environment and a myriad of activities on land and sea.
- Lively and vibrant community all year round, where Mauritians and international visitors and home owners mix and meet in restaurants, shops and activities.
- Starting price from Rs 5.35 million.
Resort & Spa
The development sits on the unspoilt North East coast of the island – the location of choice for all of the “World Class” hotel properties located in Mauritius. We are delighted to have partnered with a world-class operator to provide the management of the 85 bedroom 5 star boutique hotel and Spa.
They are an award winning hotel group, with 10,000 hotel rooms across South East Asia, Indonesia, India, Africa and the Indian Ocean. The property will add to the management and range of facilities available to all the residents of the village; not least of which will be a 300 m2 Spa facility and Health Club.
One of the benefits to the project of the inclusion of a hotel, is the ability to increase leisure and recreational facilities without a requirement to fully support these facilities through the immediate population on the site. In addition, the hotel will be utilised to provide full management facilities for any residential properties on site that will be entered into the “Rental Pool” and as such benefit from providing services to a far wider clientele.
The choice of a boutique hotel format is strategically based on the fact that this niche is:
- Poorly provided for in comparison to the saturated 4 and 5 star resort hotel market.
- A bespoke proposition in line with the rest of the project.
- On a scale that can easily be accommodated without dominating the rest of the project.
- A growing format of choice for international tourists.
The unique environment provides a wonderful setting for a myriad of activities both within the initial phase and throughout the wider site area.
There are six distinctive marine environments within 500m of the site:
- River area above the weir
- River estuary
- Beach front
- Protected lagoon
- Area inside the reef
- Area outside the reef
This diverse offering has the potential to provide a unique maritime environment and result in a diversity of activities for both residents and visitors. This variety allows both novices and seasoned experts to maximize their enjoyment whether it be underwater or above. Variety is not only restricted to the water. The flora and fauna on the site create a diversity of environments for young and old. Leisure activities as sedate as picnicing, walking or pétanque can be accommodated on a site that is intended to also entertain more high octane sports such as equestrian eventing, mountain biking, “Go Aping” and quad biking.
The team have secured an arrangement with the world famous Le Touessrok Hotel to provide resort membership packages to the residents to play their international championship golf course, designed by Bernhard Langer, and voted one of the top 10 courses in the world by “Golf Magazine”.
Summary of the Investor Benefits
- All properties can be managed through an onsite Rental Pool managed by the 5 Star Resort at the heart of the village.
- The rental income is fixed at 5% (net of all charges i.e. management charges, service charges, insurance, FF&E Fund etc.) per annum for the first 3 years based on the cost of the property;
- The guarantee is secured by a full Bank Guarantee, of equivalent value, to the outstanding income;
- This offer is unique in the Mauritian foreign homes market.
- Income Guarantee only on selected residential units.
- All rental income payments paid in USD equivalent.
- The proposal is extremely competitive compared to other financial investments on the market;
- This is the only PDS with a price range from USD 500,000 to USD 830,000; the average price on the island for PDS currently being USD 1.6 million
- Purchasers qualify for automatic Residency in Mauritius
- Personal Income Tax – flat rate 15%. Corporation tax – flat rate 15%. Capital Gains Tax – 0%
3 bedrooms from $575,000