The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship programme is attractive to those that want a quick, well-priced and structured citizenship programme that offers the investor positive returns on their investment. The programme also allows visa-free travel to 159 countries/territories for the investor and their family, with the application being processed in as little as 3 - 6 months.
- Minimum stay of 5 days over first five-year period
- Have no criminal convictions
- Have had no issues with visa applications for countries in which Antigua & Barbuda citizens enjoy visa-free travel
- Have no serious health problems
- Visa-free travel to 159 countries/territories including the UK, Schengen Member Countries, Singapore, South Africa and Hong Kong
- No capital gains tax nor estate taxes
- Income taxes are progressive up to 25%, land tax is 0.2% and property tax only 1%
- The main applicant can include dependents such as a spouse, dependent children, full-time students 18 – 25 years old and dependent parents over 65
Contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) (US$200,000 - 250,000)
This requires investors to make a non-refundable donation to the non-profit organization of an amount of US$200,000 for a family of up to four, and US$250,000 for a family of five or more. The main applicant can include dependents such as a spouse, dependent children, full-time students 18 – 25 years old and dependent parents over 65.
Real Estate Investment (US$400,000)
Applicant needs to purchase government approved real estate with a minimum price of US$400,000. Real Estate investments remain the property of the applicant, but cannot be sold within a five year period or before the proposed development has been substantially completed.
Business Investment (US$1,500,000)
This requires an investment of at least US$1,500,000 directly in an eligible business as a sole investor or a joint investment with at least one other person in an eligible business totaling at least US$5,000,000.
Government Fees Relating to the Real Estate Investment
- Principal Applicant $50,000
- Spouse $50,000
- Dependent Children (aged 0 - 17) $25,000
- Dependent Children (aged 18 - 25) $50,000
- Dependent Parent (aged over 65) $50,000
DUE DILIGENCE FEES
- Principal Applicant $7,500
- Spouse $7,500
- Dependent Children (aged 0 - 11) $0
- Dependent Children (aged 12 - 17) $2,000
- Dependent Children (aged 18 - 25) $4,000
- Dependent Parent (aged over 65) $4,000
- Per person $300